Thursday, February 3, 2011

Good Morning!!

What a beautiful day it is out there!!!!!!!  Not a cloud in the sky when I took the boy to school.  It's even going to warm up a bit to a balmy 12F or so.  :-)
Brian arrived safely back to Camp Leatherneck.  It took him almost 4 solid days to get there.  He has to rely on Mil Air flights in country and sometimes it takes some time.  He left his phone there (since it doesn't work in the States) so I have almost no contact with him while he's traveling unless he can get wifi at the airport.  Which usually doesn't happen because he's running to the next flight.  With Skype I can text his phone and he gets it almost immediately.  I love technology!!!!!!!  It saves my sanity some days to have him no further than a text.  Well, except it's his night when it's my day.  :-)
Today's agenda- go grocery shopping!!!!!  My children were horrified that there was only one choice of cereals this morning.  ugh.  They didn't use to complain about me cooking a  hot breakfast for them!!  Oh well, they have food in the stomachs and are ready to face the day of learning!!  School was cancelled yesterday due to extremely cold temperatures (about -34F before wind chill).  This morning is a bit better with only -7F and almost no wind.  And thanks to a nifty little trick Brian told me about, the diesel truck started up with almost no complaints!
Also on the agenda- a NAP!!!  I was betting on school being cancelled again so I stayed up until 2am reading a book.  Silly me.  I'm wide awake right now but I'm not sure how long that will last!  The twins don't have kindergarten today (parent/teacher conferences) so I'm going to have lots of opportunities to work on my selfLESSness skills.  Please, Lord, help me to remember how much thou lovest the little children!  And help me, I pray, to be more like thee and be a blessing in their lives today.

1 comment: