Friday, February 4, 2011

The Conqueror!!

I. Am. A Genius!!!!!  hahahaha  That was supposed to be funny.  I guess you would have to hear me say it to understand. Anyway............  I have conquered the boondoggle!!!!!!!  I sat down to teach the children how to make them (I have about 50 of them to make for the veterans and really don't want to do it alone) this morning.  I worked and worked and worked until I figured out how to get it started!!  Okay, so I'm exaggerating.  It wasn't that difficult.  I'm pretty good at figuring stuff like that out.  I just need time and patience.  The 2 youngest were the first in line to be taught.  The older boys learned how to make them at Scout camp at some point in the past and weren't interested in helping too much.  I got twin #1 started.  His hands aren't as capable as they will be in years to come and it was a bit difficult for him to hold all of the pieces in the right place and pass the strings through the right place.  He kept trying, though, and got a few rounds done.  Twin #2 is definitely my daughter!!  She caught on right away and was able to make her hands hold everything and get it going pretty well.  But being 5 years old, neither of their attentions were held for very long and I was once again left to clean up.
We'll see how long it takes to get these all finished!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment