Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I want to wish all of my family and friends a very happy Easter! Here in our home, we have chosen to not follow the world in its' version of celebrating this most sacred event. There is no "Easter bunny". My children will tell you it doesn't exist. There was an egg hunt yesterday in the neighborhood and we enjoyed that as part of spring. But that is the extent of that type of activity.
For our celebration today, we enjoyed attending Stake Conference and listening to the counsel of our leaders. Most of them spoke about Easter. At home, we talked about what resurrection means, who will be resurrected and why we celebrate Easter. It was a wonderful time to teach and remind.
I know that Jesus came to earth as the only Begotten Son of God. I know that he atoned for my sins in the garden of Gethsemane. I know he was crucified on the cross and his body placed in a tomb. I know that on the third day, He was resurrected. I know that I, too, will be resurrected and have eternal life!
I am so grateful for the example I have from my older brother, Jesus Christ!! I know that he is my Redeemer and Savior! I know that HE LIVES!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I love how you still involved them in the egg hunt so they could be out hunting when everyone else was, but made sure they knew it was a spring thing! How smart! :o) I loved Stake Conference yesterday! I'm glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know She doesn't see how wonderful she is.
    She doesn't see how great of a Mother she is.
    She doesn't think people notice her.
    She doesn't think she's a very good Wife.
    She is not sure she makes much of a difference in others lives.

    She does know she is my best friend.
    Shame she doesn't know the rest.

    ReplyDelete