Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Adoption!!

Well, the paperwork is moving forward!  It's taking a bit more time to get papers signed since Brian is overseas. I have to scan and email everything to him.  He prints, signs, scans and sends them back.  Then I print them and turn them in.  If his internet connection isn't so good, it takes longer.  So I'm planning on having everything ready to put on the judge's desk when he comes back in late September instead of June.  If some miracle happens and everything is ready in June, it will be great!  Just not expecting it so I don't get disappointed if it doesn't happen.  Counting chickens and all that.
Our days just move forward.  I talked to Brian this evening and realized we have 4 1/2 weeks before he comes home!!  Compared to the 12 previous, that's nothing!  He is having a bit of a hard time, though.  He would be coming home this weekend if we had kept to the 12 on, 3 off schedule.  He's a bit down about it.
I think the hardest part of all of this is when he has a bad day, I can't do anything more than skype to help him.  It's kind of a helpless feeling.  Then again, when I have a bad day, just talking to him helps get me through!!  So hopefully, talking to me helps him.
Keep on keeping on.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's awesome! Go you guys!! :o) You guys are my heroes with your long distance relationship...making it work no matter what it takes! We love your family!

    ReplyDelete