Saturday, October 29, 2011

5 months later

Wow.  I keep putting off writing and now it's been about 5 months and so much has happened!!!  Brian went back to AFG at the end of June.  The children and I went to my parent's home in Colorado for a few days.  I tried to run a half-marathon there.  The only problem was that I forgot to take into account the altitude difference.  Big mistake.  First race I ever had to drop out of without finishing.  Very disappointing to me but I want to do it again next year.  We'll go over a week or more early so I can acclimate before race day.
July found me turning the "Big 40".  It's really not a big deal.  Not sure why people think it is.  It's just a number. I spent my birthday in Dallas, TX.  Nothing exciting.  Just a new pair of boots.  :-)  I love my boots.
School started up again in August.  It took a few days to get used to having all the children in school!!  It's so quiet here at home during the day!  Brandon is home still but he's not around much.
During Labor Day weekend we went to my brother's house in Utah.  It was a fun weekend with several siblings and our parents there.  On Monday morning, we were all getting ready to leave.  We were in the family room when a knock came on the front door.  The door opened and I was shocked to see Brian standing there!!!!!!!!!  He came home a week early and surprised us!  He had a lay-over in Salt Lake City so he got off the plane, out of the airport and took a taxi to my brother's house.  Such a great surprise!!!!!!
On September 29, we had our final adoption hearing!  The papers were signed and everything is done!!!  We officially and legally have a new son named Hyrum Joseph.  It was a great day!
September 30th was even better!!!!!  As a family, we went to the Rexburg Temple and Hyrum was sealed to us for time and all eternity.  The other children were able to be there to observe.  I had ideas in my mind of how I wanted the day to go.  It turned out exactly how I pictured it!!!!  Perfectly!!!  I am so grateful for the sweet peace of knowing I will have my family with me for all eternity!!!!!
Brian is now back in AFG.  He will be home for Christmas.  Life is back to its' routine.  School for the children, home stuff for me.  Nothing too exciting.




No comments:

Post a Comment